Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), a video game console, is an 8-bit home kit which was developed by Nintendo. Known as Family Computer in Japan and Hyundai Comboy in South Korea, it was released in Japan on 1983, North America in 1985, Europe in 1986 and Australia in 1987. It is the first console with interchangeable cartridges. NES has introduced many popular franchises to the world. The Mario series, the Mega Man series and the Legend of Zelda series, all are the bounties of NES.
It has sold nearly 62 million units worldwide, making it the best Nintendo kit of all time until 2010 when Wii overtook its popularity. The most popular and the best selling of all games has been Super Mario Brothers.
NES has proved itself to be a most sought for company in gaming because of the development of many famous franchises. It is credited for raising gaming levels all over the world, by coming out with new designs, character control and story involvement in the eighties. Nintendo was the main gaming developer in this system and its games were unparalleled with any other because of its design in those times. The franchise of Super Mario brothers, gave NES the name it holds today. Releasing Super Mario Brothers 2 and Super Mario Brothers 3, where the last one again grabbed the best selling recognition.
Next the designer of the Super Mario, came with another famous gaming name of the eighties which was The Legend of Zelda. This game was not side controlled like Super Mario but was less inviting. But it was also successful in selling of six million units marking yet another best seller.
Some of the features of the latest NES, i.e. Nintendo Classic Mini, set to release late this year are:
- Modern specs like HDMI have been featured in this new console.
- USB cable power is also enabled this time.
- The console is low-tech this time.
- A single Nintendo Classic Mini is present in the box which is similar to its older versions.
- It can be plugged in on Wii to play Virtual Control NES games.
- Multiple suspend points are delivered in each game, so you can start where you stepped last easily.
Significant pros of using this gaming console would be:
- The presence of HDMI would provide an adapter which had to be searched on web before.
- Two player games can be easily played by the connections with Classic Controller Pro or Wii Classic Controller.
- Virtual Console games are possible once it is connected to Wii.
- Hard earned progress in games would not be lost either.
The cons which might impede this new console success rates are:
- The box provides USB cable but fails to supply an AC adapter for it in the box.
- Since the console is low tech, internet searching for eShop is not feasible.
- It can not accept any already existing cartridges which you might have.
Nintendo is planning to ride on its Pokemon Go wave and hit another note right by the release of this new NES in November this year. Nintendo Classic Mini aims at making its buyers relive the gaming experiences of the eighties with games like :
- Balloon Fight
- BUBBLE BOBBLE
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
- Dr. Mario
- FINAL FANTASY®
- Ice Climber
- Kid Icarus
- Kirby’s Adventure
- Mario Bros.
- NINJA GAIDEN®
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Staff writer I am in my 3rd year B. Tech. in trade Information Technology from Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology. I love computers and have been programming all my life. I like to write, think, assess people, recognise patterns in human behaviour, sing, etc etc. Science of everything inspires me. Positivity infused with hardwork is my life's mantra.