#Event Diary – 27th Januray, 2012 #Event Diary: 28th January, 2012 #Minor earthquake hits Delhi today #Event Diary – 29th January, 2012 #Event Diary – 30th January, 2012 #Ancient History #Light: Reflection and Refraction #Introduction to Java #Event Diary – 1st Feb, 2012 #Importance of Lahore Session of INC #Computer Networks #The Network Interface Card (NIC)
Knowledge Diary – 4th September 2012, Tuesday
- 261 Views
- Pratibha Verma
- September 4, 2012
- The Italian Soccer team is also called Azzuri.
- The Euro Cup 2016 will take place in France.
- Full Form UEFA is Union of European Football Associations.
- Full Form CII is The Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Full Form UNESCO is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation.
- (UNESCO), the science and cultural body of UN, inscribed India’s 1600-km long Western Ghats mountain chain on the list of its world heritage sites on 1 June 2012.
- The Western Ghats are also considered to be one of the world’s eight hottest hotspots of biological diversity.
- Disney on 2 July 2012 launched its new wall e-robot robotic toys.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) bank on 1 July 2012 launched two credits cards Superia and Platinum for doctors
- B. Surender Mohan was appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) on 1 July 2012.
- The Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) leader Enrique Peña Nieto was elected the new President of Mexico on 2 July 2012.
- Full Form of BASF is Baden Aniline and Soda Factory.
- European aerospace Airbus on 2 July 2012 announced to build its first US assembly Plant in Alabama to compete with Boeing.
- Iran on 3 July 2012, test-fired a medium range ballistic missile Shahab-3. The Shahab-3 has a range of up to 2000 kilometres.
- State Bank of Patiala (SBOP) on 2 July 2012 launched gold loan (Swarn Shakti) for farmers against the security of gold ornaments to provide free loans to the farmers without taking loan on land.
- The Supreme Court of India on 3 July 2012 declared the area within a five-kilometre radius around the Jarawa Tribal Reserve in Andaman and Nicobar Islands no go zone.
- Jarawas are one of the oldest living indigenous people in the world.
- Jawahar Thakur, a 1979-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service officer took over as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA) of India.
- Renowned Assamese Poet Hiren Bhattacharyya, who was fondly called Hiru-da by his admirers, passed away on 4 July 2012.
- The term God particle was first used by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Leon Lederman.
- Emomali Rahmon, President of the Republic of Tajikistan .
- Infosys CEO and Managing Director S. D. Shibulal.
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power has commenced production of coal at mines allocated to it in Sasan, Madhya Pradesh.
- Full form of STT is Securities Transaction Tax.
- Tata Motors, launched the Xenon pick-up.
- Rolf Heuer, director general of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN).
- Scientists have found that vitamin D supplementation in tuberculosis patients who are on medication can clear the Mycobacterium tuberculosis — the bacterium that causes TB.
- Full form of PNAS is Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)..
- A 2012 WHO study ranks India third — behind Myanmar and Bangladesh — among countries that fail to provide health cover to people.
- Gutka and pan masala will be banned in Gujarat from September 11.