#Event Diary – 27th Januray, 2012 #Event Diary: 28th January, 2012 #Minor earthquake hits Delhi today #Event Diary – 29th January, 2012 #Event Diary – 30th January, 2012 #Ancient History #Light: Reflection and Refraction #Introduction to Java #Event Diary – 1st Feb, 2012 #Importance of Lahore Session of INC #Computer Networks #The Network Interface Card (NIC)
Knowledge Diary – 3rd September 2012, Monday
- Edasserimala Palliyodam and Thaimaravumkara Palliyodam won the Uthrittathi snakeboat regatta in the respective categories at Aranmula on Sunday.
- Full Form of LMU is London Metropolitan University.
- Full Form of UKBA is UK Border Agency.
- Full Form of PHC is primary health care centres.
- Full Form of SIM is Subscriber Identity Module.
- Haier’s Gaze TV uses technology developed by Tobii, a Swedish firm that already offers eye-tracking technology for computers.
- Full Form of NIF is National Innovation Foundation – India.
- A new onion variety named “Balwan Pyaj” was developed by Balwan singh from Harayana.
- Full Form of BMR is Basal Metabolic Rate.
- Uttar Pradesh Government decided to increase the tax on Tobacco Products by by 25-35%. Uttar Pradesh government planned to make their state as a Tobacco Free State.
- UP is the fifth state in India in tobacco consumption.
- POSCO is (Pohang Iron and Steel Company).
- The Union Home Ministry appointed Neeraj Kumar, the 1976-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, as the 18th Commissioner of Delhi Police on 28 June 2012.
- Full Form of AGMUT is Arunachal-Goa-Mizoram and other Union Territories.
- The Government of India in 1966 constituted the Delhi Police Commission headed by Justice G.D.Khosla.
- Asus is a Taiwanese multinational computer hardware and electronics company.
- Facebook ranked third in terms of the users with around 46 million active users in India.
- The Coca-Cola Company is an American Multinational drink company.
- Coca-Cola was founded by Asa Griggs Candler in 1889.
- Allied Computers International (ACi) is a laptop specialist brand from the UK.
- Real estate developer True Value Homes (TVH) on 26 June 2012 signed World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand as brand ambassador for all its new projects for promoting its project across the World
- Viswanathan Anand is the first player in chess history who won the World Championship in three different formats: knockout, tournament and match.
- Rao Papineni got the approval for patent Application for cancer treatment on 19 June 2012.
- The title of the patent is High Capacity Non-Viral Vectors.
- Chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg is the first female and eighth member on the Facebook Board of Directors announced by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on 26 June 2012.
- The International Day against drug abuse and prohibited trafficking was observed all over the world on 26 June 2012.
- The main theme of the Interantional Day against drug abuse and prohibited trafficking 2012 was Global Action for the Health, Communities without Drugs.
- Full Form of QARC is Qualified Audit Report review Committee.
- Mohammed Morsi, leader of the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), on 24 June 2012 was declared victorious in Egypt’s historical presidential election.
- Formula One (F1) racer Sebastian Vettel defeated Lewis Hamilton by 1minute 38.086 seconds and won European Grand Pix 2012