#Event Diary – 27th Januray, 2012 #Event Diary: 28th January, 2012 #Minor earthquake hits Delhi today #Event Diary – 29th January, 2012 #Event Diary – 30th January, 2012 #Ancient History #Light: Reflection and Refraction #Introduction to Java #Event Diary – 1st Feb, 2012 #Importance of Lahore Session of INC #Computer Networks #The Network Interface Card (NIC)
Knowledge Diary – 28th August 2012, Tuesday
- Maharashtra recorded the maximum number of 268 deaths due to SAEs (Serious Adverse Events) during drug trials (January 2008- January 2012).
- Full Form of AIF is Alternative Investment Funds.
- Full Form of CSO is Central Statistical Organization.
- Congress leader P J Kurien was elected the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- Meles Zenavi, the Ethiopian Prime Minister, passed away on 20th August 2012 following prolonged illness.
- Samsung on 16 August 2012 launched the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in the United States, Britain and South Korea.
- Japanese FMCG Firm Unicharm on 23 July 2012 signed Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma as brand ambassador for Sofy.
- Government of Punjab approved plan for Milk Production Scheme worth Rs 93 Crore on 22 July 2012.
- China’s Yu Wenxia won the Miss World 2012 beauty pageant at the Ordos Stadium Arena in inner Mongolia.
- India’s Vanya Mishra, bagged the titles of Miss Social Media and Miss Beauty with a Purpose.
- Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore appointed as the head of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards Committee.
- Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi was appointed the new UN-Arab League envoy for Syria on 17 August 2012
- V.V.S. Laxman, on 18 August 2012 announced his retirement from international cricket, ending a glorious career spanning 16 years.
- Gujarat state government on 15 August 2012 announced a comprehensive ban on gutka, which will come into effect from 11 September 2012.
- Hoppr is a brand of Y2CF Digital Media, which is funded by Bharti SoftBank.
- Y2CF has tied up with six mobile service providers – Airtel, Aircel, Idea, Reliance, Tata Docomo and Vodafone – to provide the Hoppr service.
- Veteran Cinematographer Ashok Mehta passed away in Mumbai on 15 August 2012.
- Shram Awards were set up by the Government of India in 1985 to recognize the outstanding contributions of workers in different fields.
- Full Form of PCMA is Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA).
- PCMA 2006 replaced Child Marriage Restraint Act (CMRA) of 1929.
- Pakistan government on 14 August 2012 honoured Urdu author, Gopi Chand Narang with Sitara-i-Imtiaz, the third highest civilian honour given by the nation.
- The House Sparrow was on 14 August 2012 declared as state bird of Delhi by the state government.
- Scientists in the second week of August 2012 found a stem cell therapy to prevent osteoarthritis which generally happens after a joint injury.
- Acclaimed Pakistani writer Saadat Hasan Manto on 14 August 2012 was honoured with the Nisan-i-Imtiaz, Pakistan’s highest civilian award.
- India had sent 83-member team to the London Olympics 2012.
- Shooter Vijay Kumar bagged the silver medal in the 25 m Rapid Fire event in London Olympics 2012.
- MC Mary Kom, five-time world women’s boxing champion, from India won bronze medal in London Olympics 2012.
- Michael Phelps bagged 6 medals(4 Gold+2 Silver) in swimming in London Olympics 2012, becoming the most decorated Olympian ever with 22 medals.
- The mascots of London Games were Wenlock and Mandeville.
- Wenlock is a mascot of Olympics, Mandeville is mascot for Paralympics.