#Event Diary – 27th Januray, 2012 #Event Diary: 28th January, 2012 #Minor earthquake hits Delhi today #Event Diary – 29th January, 2012 #Event Diary – 30th January, 2012 #Ancient History #Light: Reflection and Refraction #Introduction to Java #Event Diary – 1st Feb, 2012 #Importance of Lahore Session of INC #Computer Networks #The Network Interface Card (NIC)
Knowledge Diary – 12th July 2013, Friday
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy NoteIII may come in 4 variants: A report said that Samsung expected to launch its new Phablet in 4 variants; the top variant of Galaxy Note III will be a premium limited edition device that will boast of an unbreakable Super AMOLED screen, 13MP camera and some other exclusive features.
- Yeddyurappa’s party striving to merge with BJP: Former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa’s Karnataka Janata Party has put forth a condition to merge with BJP. The Lingayat strongman had organized the meeting to obtain party leaders’ opinion on the possibility of merging the KJP with the BJP.
- Textiles minister Kavuri Samba Siva Rao has hit the ground running, lining up measures across the value chain and can reach up to $50 billion exports- from cotton growers to textile mills and garment exporters.
- Iraq proffers three discovered oil blocks to India: According to the statement of oil ministry, Paradip refinery, Iraq has offered three discovered oil blocks to India and has agreed to consider investing in Indian Oil Corp’s 300,000 barrels per day.
- RBI nod for offering short term deposit: Non-resident Indians will have scope to take benefit of higher rates in India if the Reserve Bank of India accedes to a request from banks to allow them offer shorter tenure deposits to NRIs.
- The account @ Indian Mujahideen suspended: The US-based micro-blogging giant Twitter Inc. suspended the twitter handle that purportedly belonged to the terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), and blocked another handle which its creator claimed to be the “real” account of the jihadi group.
- Infosys Q1 net profit raised to 3.7 percent: Infosys, country’s second-largest software services exporter company has posted a 3.7 per cent year-on-year increase in its first-quarter net profit. Matching complete estimates, after contract wins and foreign exchange gains boosted earnings.
- Minister wants special panel on terror cases: Rahman Khan (Union minority affairs minister)wants the government to form an all-powerful taskforce to monitor and review terror cases against Muslims, arguing that it is needed to ensure justice for “innocent Muslim youth” languishing in jails after being framed in terror cases.
- On a recent Supreme Court Order, the Election Commission plans consultations with political parties in the first week of August on seeking framing of guidelines for parties’ poll manifestoes. Senior commission officials are in a dilemma on how to define a “freebie” in the first place.
- Kapil Sibal calls for views in context with Android app contents: Among the rising instances of adult content freely available on applications supported by Android phones, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal sought suggestions from the media to deal with the issue.