Event Diary – 16th September 2013, Monday
- 171 Views
- September 18, 2013
Agni-V test-fired successfully again for its full range distance
Under the defense capability, the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni-V was successfully test-fired for its full range of 5000 km.
- Agni-V is the second successful launch of nuclear-weapons capable missile in 17 months long duration.
- India staked claim to be positioned in elite nations having the technology to develop ICBM’s.
Brazil and Argentina join for cyber-defense mechanism
A movement back from an impact of South American countries against the surveillance of their E-mails, phone calls and other mode of communications by US National Security Agency (NSA) has started a joint cyber defense plan to protect data and for privacy as well.
- Defense ministers of both countries have signed a military cooperation agreement.
- Under this agreement, Brazil would provide cyber defense training to argentine officers.
China designs fourth generation nuclear reactor with developing countries in mind
Due to the dreadful tragedy of Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan. China has made a case for its new fourth generation reactor as the answer for developing countries in context to cost and safety measures.
- China Nuclear Engineering Group Corporation (CNEC) involved in design and construction of 17 nuclear reactors in operation.
- In progress of this operation, China presented designs of its new fourth-generation High Temperature Reactor (HTR) and High Temperature Gas-cooled Reactor (HTGR).
New alloy developed for memory chips
Scientists have developed a new environment friendly alloy which consists of 50 Aluminum atoms bound together to 50 atoms of antimony that would be consider for data storage technology for future. This alloy makes memory chips to respond faster.
India may emerge as a hub for low cost security IT products
India is being honored with ‘authorize member nation’ under the Common Criteria Recognition Arrangement (CCRA) through which India could emerge as a hub for low-cost security-sensitive IT products used in telephone and other critical infrastructure networks.
- CCRA is the top international Agency that defines common processes to certify IT products used in infrastructure networks in telecom, power, aviation and defence sectors.
- Laboratories based in India could offer testing services at much lower cost than other western markets.
Land Acquisition Bill to be notified early in 2014
Union Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a statement that Govt. will notify Land Acquisition Bill by early of 2014. He also included that besides giving benefits of land rights to farmers, dalits and triabals, this historic Bill could eliminate Maoist influence in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Orissa in the next five to six years.