Event Diary – 13th September 2013, Friday
eBay inaugurates its second development centre in India
A big giant in e-commerce sector opens its second global development centre in Bangalore. The centre has been operational since May this year, will employ 700 technologists more in the venture while center already has 300 workforce.
- Ken Moss, vice-president of Technology and Sciences said that along with 2000 development centre in Chennai, the global expansion sector of eBay will host “centre of excellence” across various tech domains for eBay and PayPal.
- The Bangalore centre is among 16 global development centers that contribute to the back-end of eBay’s giant e-commerce interface.
Japan needs to clear issues before finalizing the nuclear deal with India
Japan said in a statement that issues need to be fixed before it finalized the civil nuclear deal with India. Japanese Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry Toshimitsu Motegi said about the astounding issues which are to be fixed first in an Indian energy dialogue with working groups.
Now Twitter anticipated for stock offering
Social media giant Twitter announced that it has submitted papers for the most hotly anticipated stock offering in tech sector that Facebook done in last year. Twitter announced in a tweet that we have submitted S-1 to the SEC for a planned IPO.
NASA confirms Voyager1 spacecraft is in intersteller space
The two voyager probes, which were both launched in 1977 to study the outer planets of solar system has become the first human made object to reach inter-stellar space.
- Voyager 1, now 13 billion miles (21 billion km) from Earth planet, could not make the measurement directly because its plasma detector stopped working more than 30 years ago.
- Extrapolating from the measurements, scientists believe Voyager actually left the solar system in August 2012.
Yahoo has 800 million users now
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer says the internet company now has about 800 million across world and this is a 20 percent increase when she left Google, 15 months ago. This 20 percent gain was revealed at a technology conference in San Francisco.
- Internet Company shows the latest evidence of progress under the leadership of CEO Marissa Mayer.
- Company share are also doubled with the progress of millions of users worldwide.
IRCTC e-ticketing App launched
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched a new application for the Windows based smartphone exclusively for the Windows 8 devices. The app named as e-ticketing which offer the users with a new channel of booking e-tickets in addition to the existing portal.