1. A can do a work in 10 days and B in 20 days. If they work on it together for 4 days, then the fraction of the work that is left is :
2. A can finish a work in 18 days and B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
3. X and Y can together finish a work 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then Y left. After another 20 days, X finished the remaining work. In how many days X alone can finish the work?
4. X alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and Y alone in 8 days. X and Y undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of Z, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to Z?
5. X can do a piece of work in 4 hours; Y and Z together can do it in 3 hours, while X and Z together can do it in 2 hours. How long will Y alone take to do it?
A. 18 hrs
B. 10 hrs
C. 12 hrs
D. 11 hrs
6. X can do a certain work in the same time in which Y and Z together can do it. If X and Y together could do it in 10 days and Z alone in 50 days, then Y alone could do it in:
A. 25 hrs
B. 20 hrs
C. 15 hrs
D. 16 hrs
7. A machine X can print one lakh books in 8 hours, machine Y can print the same number of books in 10 hours while machine Z can print them in 12 hours. All the machines are started at 9 A.M. while machine X is closed at 11 A.M. and the remaining two machines complete work. Approximately at what time will the work (to print one lakh books) be finished ?
A. 1.15 P.M.
B. 12 noon
C. 1.00 P.M.
D. 1.30 P.M.
8. X works twice as fast as Y. If Y can complete a work in 12 days independently, the number of days in which X and Y can together finish the work in :
A. 4 days
B. 5 days
C. 6 days
D. 3 days
9. Twenty women can do a work in sixteen days. Sixteen men can complete the same work in fifteen days. What is the ratio between the capacity of a man and a woman?
10. Rob and Tob are working on an assignment. Rob takes 6 hours to type 32 pages on a computer, while Tob takes 5 hours to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
A. 8 hours 30 minutes
B. 8 hours 16 minutes
C. 8 hours 20 minutes
D. 8 hours 15 minutes