PHP script can be placed anywhere in a page.
PHP script always starts with “<?php” and always ends with “?>“.
NOTE: Sometimes it is used in short form as opening with “<?” and closing with “?>”, but writing it in its explicit full form is recommended.
Example of a PHP script in a HTML page:
<html><head></head><body><?php echo 'Hello'; ?></body>
Other important syntax in PHP:
- Every sentence ends with a semi-colon “;”
- Comments can be written in two ways:
- For single line comment : “//” is used
Example ://Function for addition
- For multiple line comment : “/* ……… */” is used.
Example :/*Function for addition
Parameters taken by the function : a, b */
Example in a HTML/PHP page
//This is a single line comment
This is a
- For printing anything, or for printing the output “echo” is used.Example: echo ‘Hello World!’;
Example: echo $y;
- For writing variables, we use “$” signExample: $y, $string1, $first_name etc.