Rail Budget presented by railway minister Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday confirms that 58 new trains have been proposed including five new ‘Jansadharan’ trains and an equal number of premium group of trains.
Highlights of Rail Budget:
- Food Courts at major stations.Food can be ordered by SMS and phone
- Separate housekeeping wing at 50 major stations.
- Food can be ordered by SMS and phone. Food courts to be introduced at major stations.
- “Office-on-Wheels”, Wi-Fi and workstation facilities on selected trains.
- Facility of SMS wake-up call for passengers
- 4,000 women constables will be posted for safety on trains
- Top 10 station to be revamped for airport like look and feel.
- The reservation system will be revamped and ticket-booking will be facilitated through mobile phones and post offices.
- Bullet train proposed on Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector