Zee Group Chairman and editors charge sheeted due to extortion bid
Zee Group chairman Subhash Chandra and Zee editors Sudhir Chaudhary and Samir Ahluwalia were named as accused and alleged Rs 100 crore extortion bid from Congress MP Naveen Jindal’s firm, Jindal Steel and Power Limited.
Himachal Pradesh gives green signal to cancel hydro projects
The Himachal Pradesh cabinet gave its approval to cancel nine small hydro electric projects in the state.
- Government working to process online permissions for filmmakers: Instead of doing endless waits and a surplus of permissions, foreign filmmakers can look forward to online approval and payment gateway for shooting in India.
- Civilian airports approved at Hisar and Karnal: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said that state government had applied for five airports for Hisar, Bhiwani, Narnaul, Karnal and Pinjore out of which two airports (Hisar and Karnal) are approved.
- TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samathi) politburo has decided to suspend MP Vijayashanti from the party for ‘anti-party’ activities.
- Mobiles to female workers- said by UPA Government: India is preparing to give mobile phones to each female member of a household, who has worked for 100 days in 2012 under a rural employment guarantee scheme run by the government.
- Securities analyst accused of leaking secret information in 2009 about Yahoo and Microsoft to an SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund manager and other traders was arrested and charged in California.
- Petrol price hiked by 70paise/ litre and diesel by 50 paise: State-run fuel retailers announced they would raise the price of petrol by 70 paise and diesel by 50 paise a litre excluding local taxes.
- Facebook- Share your post on blogs– Facebook started letting people share social network posts at blogs or other spots on the internet.
- HCL fourth quarter net profit up by 41.6 percent:HCL Technologies has reported 41.6 per cent rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 1,209.6 crore for the fourth quarter ended June 30, 2013