Skip to content
- P V Sindhu becomes the first indian women singles player to win a medal at the World Badminton Championship on August 9
- LIC Housing launches Public Deposit Scheme called “SANCHAY“
- IPAB stands for Intellectual Property Appellate Board
- MERS is a virus related to Camel, according to the study published in Lancet Infectious Disease
- The currency of Norway is “KRONE”
- An Indian origin doctor Bhawana Patel has taken over as the first woman CEO of the hospital which carried out the world’s first heart transplant. It is the globally renowned Groote Schuur Hospital.
- Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award in India, which was awarded first in 1954.
- GSLV-D5 which is powered by an indigenous cryogenic engine will lift off from Sriharikota on August 19. This rocket will put India’s advanced communication satellite GSAT-14 into the orbit.
- “The Scotsman” is a famous newspaper from United Kingdom.
- The Sweden Parliament is called as “Riksdag”