India has signed deal with World Bank for low income Housing Finance Project
Government of India and the World Bank signed a 100 million US dollars credit agreement on 14th August 2013 to support low-income households. So that they can secure loans to purchase, build or upgrade their dwellings. This Low Income Housing Finance Project would be implemented by the National Housing Bank (NHB)
Objective of low-income finance project
- The main focus is to provide access to sustainable housing finance for low-income households to purchase, build or upgrade their dwellings.
- Project support financial institutions which target low-income households and build their capability to perk up sustainable housing finance.
- With this project, low-income households can switch from informal finance to longer-term.
- Project funding offers you financial intermediary loan for an implementation period of 5 years. It will be financed by a credit from the International Development Association (IDA), the World Bank’s arm which provides interest-free loans with 25 years to maturity and a grace period of five years.
Ratan Thiyam owns the chairperson designation of National School of Drama Society
A well known iconic Theatre personality Ratan Thiyam from Manipur, was appointed as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama Society on 19 August 2013 by Pranab Mukherjee, President of India. As per the norms and regulations the designation will be for 4 years. He has been rewarded with great honors like Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1987 and Padam Shree award given by the Government of India in 1989.
P Chidambaram revealed the National Skill certification and Monetary reward scheme
A scheme which is never yet before ‘National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme’ has been unveiled by Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on 16 August 2013. This scheme was proposed in 2012-13 Union Budget in order to allocate 1000 crore Rupees.
Key prospects about the scheme
- Main agenda of this scheme is to encourage the youth generation for acquiring vocational skills.
- This scheme is branded as STAR- Standard Training Assessment and Reward which aimed to help 1 million people.
- The scheme is being implemented by National Skills Development Corporation.
Satywart Kadian got Bronze medal in World Junior Wrestling Championship 2013
Satywart Kadian (who belongs to India) won a bronze medal in 96 kg free style category in the World Junior Wrestling Championship held at Sofia, Bulgaria on 17 August 2013. The Bronze medalist belongs to small Mazra village in Jhajjar district in Hryana and he was trained in guidance of Olympic medalists Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt at the senior national wrestling camp in Sonepat. He was also credited with a bronze medal at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games.