Most awaited BBM on Android and iOS postponed
The BlackBerry Messenger service for iOs and Android platform has been delayed because developers have not yet fully developed the app for launch
- This BBM app was supposed to be rolled out on Sep 21 for Android and iOS however; but the app didn’t make it to the Google Play store.
- As per the Blackberry’s official Twitter account, it is announced that ‘We are pausing the global roll-out of BBM for Android and iPhone’.
Russia ready to help India in gaining defense self-reliance
Mr. Komardin, Deputy Director General of Russian defense export agency Rosoboron export said that Russia was capable and willing to extend all support to India in fulfilling its goal of self-reliance.
- He also stated that ‘we are the only country that has built submarines for India’.
- India marks emphasis on self-reliance in defense as enunciated in the latest edition of the Defense Procurement Procedure (DPP-2013).
Iran with 6 nations to hold new nuclear talks
Iran’s new foreign minister will join new nuclear talks with his US counterpart and five other world powers in this week.
- The nuclear talks will be the highest level contacts between the US and Iran in six years.
- Catherine Ashton, European Union foreign policy chief told about the new round of talks.
Blackberry to be acquired by Fairfax Group in $4.7 billion deal
Blackberry once a leader in mobile technology, now made a last roll of the dice and agreed to a $4.7 billion buyout by a consortium planning to take the struggling smartphone maker private.
- Ontario based company revealed that Blackberry had signed a letter of intent with a group led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, which has offered to acquire the company.
- Fairfax is a Canadian firm headed by billionaire Prem Watsa, Blackberry’s largest shareholder.
National Lok Adalat to start on November 23
Lok Adalat will be held in all state of judiciary in the country on November 23. Lok Adalat has the main aim to reduce large number of cases pending in the courts. Tripura State legal aid authority said that litigations under simple IPC sections, civil, motor vehicle and negotiation instrument acts would be disposed off on the day of National Lok Adalat.
Facebook and Google leads in earnings from online ads
Facebook and Google are the top leaders to cash in online advertisements leaving behind all digital advertising firms
- Market analysts analyze that online advertising in the US grew by 15.5%, to $36.6 billion in 2012 which is the collection of two online ads giants Facebook and Google.
- There is almost no growth in other digital advertising firm.