1. A person crosses a 700 m long street in 7 minutes. What is his speed in km per hour?
2. If a person walks at 15 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 21 km more. The actual distance travelled by him in KM is:
3. A Bus can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point X at the same time and reach point Y 75 kms away from X at the same time. On the way, however, the bus lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the bus stations. The speed of the car is:
A. 320 Km/hr
B. 110 Km/hr
C. 100 Km/hr
D. 120 Km/hr
4. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is:
5. A boy complete a journey in 10 hours. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km.
6. The ratio between the speeds of two trains is 7 : 8. If the second train runs 400 kms in 4 hours, then the speed of the first train is:
7. Rob is travelling on his bike and has calculated to reach point X at 2 P.M. if he travels at 10 km/hr, he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr. At what speed must he travel to reach X at 1 P.M.?
8. A boy travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 hours. He travelled partly on cycle at 4 km/hr and partly on bike at 9 km/hr. The distance travelled on foot is:
9. It takes eight hours for a 600 km journey, if 120 km is done by train and the rest by car. It takes 20 minutes more, if 200 km is done by train and the rest by car. The ratio of the speed of the train to that of the cars is:
10. In covering a distance of 30 km, Ramesh takes 2 hours more than Suresh. If Ramesh doubles his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Suresh. Ramesh’s speed ?